Monday, April 18, 2011

Congratulations Vindictus: An Addicting F2P MMORPG

I'm not most people, but congratulations Vindictus/Nexon!  You were able to keep me attracted to your game for over 6 months.  Of the MMORPGs that I have played, I usually quit a couple of months in, and with my main character at a level no higher than the 30s range.  I haven't played too many MMORPGs, but I have played: Runes of Magic; Granado Espada (Sword of the New World); Silk Road Online; RuneScape; Ragnarok Online; and even Nexon's very own MapleStory. 

None of these games mentioned above were addicting enough to keep me playing past level 50.  Vindictus, however, is one of the only free-to-play MMORPGs that have kept me interested enough to reach level 53 (and I'm still interested!).  I think it's addictiveness doesn't come from their daily battle system, but from their unique physics-based, almost FPS-esque, and fast-paced style of play.  With the minor exception of Rocheste, Vindictus also did a great job in eliminating the ubiquitous chore of walking great distances to complete quests and fight different monsters.  So once again, congratulations Vindictus!  You got me hooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment